Wednesday, August 3, 2011

jumble jumblebees

Hi. 

This is gunna be a bit of a jumbled post. .. We are in the process of moving house so that pretty much sums up the reason for the weird combo you're about to witness..... 

We have been packing for about a week. And throwing soooo so much stuff out and what we are left with fills about half of one of the rooms in our house. Don't you think that it's weird that the whole contents of your house can fit into half a room? I thought so! (That's excluding most furniture mind you).... But I am so happy that we have managed to cut down on a lot of the clutter and junk because it means when we move into our smaller house, we won't be struggling to fit it! Yay!



On to our next topic - Cake. Mmmm cake.. Glorious chocolatey goodness. So, I really didn't feel like going to the shops today and seeing as we are trying to move, filling up the pantry didn't sound like a good idea anyway. So I decided to make do with what we had in the pantry & fridge. Which wasn't much. The list of what was in the pantry (& fridge) went something like this:

Fridge/freezer: 
  • Bag of carrots
  • Multiple jars of half finished jam, some may or may not contain mold
  • Half a carton of soy milk
  • 2 eggs (date of purchase - unknown)
  • Unsalted butter - 250g
  • Wilted celery (I'm always too lazy to cut it up and store it in water)
  • Apples (2 or 3)
  • Frozen peas & corn
  • Half a loaf of frozen bread (date of purchase - unknown)
And that about sums up the fridge/freezer... not a whole lot to work with ey?! 

Pantry (abbreviated version):
  • 1 bag raw sugar
  • Small amount of brown sugar
  • Flour - self raising, plain and wholemeal plain
  • Dried apricots
  • Packet of dates x 2 (I never eat these, why do I have two packets?!)
  • Cereal - Half eaten and likely not the be eaten coz for some reason there are 2 half eaten biscuits inside the bag?! I don't even have children... I guess I have a husband though... and I am mildly weird.
  • Herbal Tea
  • Black eye Beans (not peas) - dried version
  • Cocoa powder
  • Yeast
  • Lots and Lots and lots of plastic bags
  • Golden Syrup
  • Rice (small amount)
  • Cous Cous
  • A small amount of pasta (not enough for anything but too much to throw out -  I am a self confessed hoarder.. which is why we had so much junk to throw out)
  • Unopened bottle of tomato cooking sauce
  • Can of Nutolene
  • 2 containers with a very small amount of nuts from who knows when (mostly crumbs)
  • Bread crumbs
And that about covers it.

I seriously could not think of anything to make with all that... well, at least anything that didn't take ages, or that was remotely edible. So, what did I make? Yup... you guessed it - Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding.... 



Was pretty decent and I was able to make it with the utensils and dishes I hadn't packed away yet! Bonus! By the way, I should mention that Mr Peck packed away all the pots and pans so cooking anything in a pot was out of the question.... 

So, we had a totally healthy and satisfying dinner (I write this as my stomach is beginning to grumble).
I would love to know what you would have made instead!!! Tell me.., Tell me!!! Let's make it fun.. I would also love to know what you make for dinner when your cupboard and fridge are decidedly empty and you don't want to leave the house. Best answer wins something... like a free thing. Maybe a recipe or something food related? Sound good? I think so.. I might send you a cookie, in the mail... and then you can eat it (or you could save it for next time you can't be bothered cooking)

And finally, I just wanted to say that I love this girl and everything she makes and I wish I was this cool ... I'm pretty sure I have shared her stuff before... but what the heck, it is that good I'm gunna share it again. It's my blog, so deal with it. .. . . .. ... .(eep, a tad feisty no? Sorry... I'm in an odd mood... can you tell?!)


No comments:

Post a Comment